- a chunky salad,
- dice the avocado and dish up as a salsa, or
- Serve in a whole grain tortilla for a light meal. Adding grain completes the protein makeup.
Optional: add crumbled cheese like queso fresco or feta
Whisk the following in a large bowl until combined.
- Juice of 2 limes (approx 1/3 cup)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
Add the following to the dressing and stir gently to combine.
- 1 can black beans (or bean if choice) rinsed and drained
- 1 can Del Monte fire roasted corn (or reg. canned corn or frozen corn, thawed), drained
- 2-3 scallions, cut thinly on the diagonal
- Handful of fresh cilantro, chopped
- Avocado, chopped roughly – I used about 7 small organic Haas avocados.
- 1 poblano pepper, roasted. Remove skin, stem, and seeds, then dice. (Sub fresh jalapeño or canned green chiles)
- Kosher salt, freshly ground peppe
Let sit for an hour before serving. Taste and adjust seasonings.