My additions are in bold.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound russet potatoes, peeled, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 4 cups cauliflower florets, cut into bite-size pieces
- Medium sweet onion, cut in eighths
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ancho chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 cup water or broth.
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add potatoes, onion, garlic and ginger; sauté until potatoes are lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Mix in salt, turmeric, chili powder, cumin and paprika; sauté 30 seconds, add cauliflower and sauté 5 minutes. Add 1/2 cup water or broth; cover and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Add peas and cilantro and simmer 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.